To turn on closed captions on Apple TV:
- From the Home screen of your Apple TV, select the Settings icon.
- Select General.
- Select Accessibility > Subtitles and Captioning.
- Select Closed Captions + SDH, so it is set to On.
- Go back to The CW App and select an episode to watch.
- While the episode is playing, swipe down on your remote to see the Info menu.
- Go to Subtitles > English.
- Closed captions are now turned on for all full episodes on The CW App.
To turn off closed captions on Apple TV:
- While the video is playing, swipe down on your remote to see the Info menu.
- Go to Subtitles > Off.
- Closed captions are now turned off.
For more information on using subtitles and captioning on your Apple TV, please check here.
Note: The CW App is only available on the Apple TV 4th generation and above.