To turn on closed captions on Apple TV:
- From the Home screen of your Apple TV, select the Settings icon.
- Select General.
- Select Accessibility > Subtitles and Captioning.
- Select Closed Captions + SDH, so it is set to On.
- Go back to The CW App and select an episode to watch.
- While the episode is playing, swipe down on your remote to see the Info menu.
- Go to Subtitles > English.
- Closed captions are now turned on for all full episodes on The CW App.
To turn off closed captions on Apple TV:
- While the video is playing, swipe down on your remote to see the Info menu.
- Go to Subtitles > Off.
- Closed captions are now turned off.
For more information on using subtitles and captioning on your Apple TV, please check here.
Note: The CW App is only available on the Apple TV 4th generation and above. For other generations of the Apple TV, you can AirPlay The CW App from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac to your TV.