Update February 2018: If you are unable to turn off closed captions on your iOS device and/or are seeing double closed captions when you turn on closed captions, our tech team is aware that this is an issue and is currently working on a fix for this. In the meantime, please try uninstalling the app, restarting your iPhone, and reinstalling the app. Continue to look out for an app update soon that should resolve this issue.
If you are watching a full episode on an iPhone or iPad, and the closed captions are jumbled, not in-sync with the visual/audio, or do not show up at all, please turn off the closed captions setting and then turn it back on. Allow a few seconds for the closed captions to sync up. [How do I turn on/off closed captions on my iPhone or iPad?]
If the issue persists,
- Go to the menu in the app (three stacked lines in the top-left corner).
- Select the show you were watching.
- Select the episode you were watching.
- Resume the episode or start over the episode with closed captions enabled.
- Please allow a few seconds for the closed captions to sync up.
If the steps above do not resolve the issue, please submit feedback using the form below and make sure to provide the following information:
- Device used
- Show and episode during which the closed captions are not functioning properly
- Description of the issue you are experiencing with the closed captions (i.e. very delayed, jumbled letters, etc.)