If you are watching a full episode on The CW App or CW Seed App on iPhone or iPad, and there's audio playing but no video, try the following steps:
Check Your Internet Connection
Your internet connection and network bandwidth must be sufficient to stream video on cwtv.com or cwseed.com. Video playback quality is based on the strength of your network and internet connection. If the network bandwidth is too low to stream video, you might only get audio.
Restart The CW or CW Seed App
Having multiple apps open can cause The CW and CW Seed apps to run slower or become less stable. Running The CW and CW Seed apps with a limited amount of other apps open may improve performance.
- Double tap on the Home button of your device to view all open apps.
- Swipe up to close The CW or CW Seed app.
- Launch the app again from the Home page.
Restart Your iPhone or iPad
Completely power off your device and restart, then relaunch the app.
Update Your Software
Having the latest OS on your device ensures you are getting the optimal experience from The CW or CW Seed app. Go to Settings > General > Software Update on your device to check for new updates.
Switch to Wi-Fi
If you are using a cellular data connection, try connecting to a wireless network and see if playback is improved (go to Settings > Wi-Fi on your device, and choose a network).
Delete and Reinstall The CW App or CW Seed App
- Navigate to The CW or CW Seed app on your Home screen.
- Hold down the Touch surface until the icon begins to shake.
- Press the X in the upper right hand corner.
- Navigate to the device's App Store to reinstall The CW or CW Seed app.
For additional troubleshooting steps on Apple TV, see Basic Troubleshooting for iPhone and iPad.