To customize closed captions on an iPhone or iPad:
- From the home page of the app, navigate to Settings via the menu in the upper left hand corner.
- On the main Settings page, select Caption Style. Certain default customizations are available on the Caption Style page and can be selected.
- Select Create New Style.
- From here, name your style as well as select your desired colors and text.
- Once finished, select Caption Style in the upper left hand corner to return to the Caption Style page.
- Select your custom style from the selections.
- Your customization is now enabled and will continue to display until changed using the steps above.