Update 7/11/2017: If you are using an Android device to cast to your TV, any casting issues should now be resolved. Please update the app and attempt to cast again. If you are using an iOS device to cast to your TV, our tech team is working to resolve the casting issue asap.
Update 7/10/2017: The CW team is aware that some app users are getting a "content unavailable" message while trying to cast or videos are not playing play at all while trying to cast. If you are seeing either of these issues, please know that our tech team is trying to resolve this asap. Feel free to reach out to the support team if you continue to have issues over the next few days.
Ensure that your Chromecast has been set up prior to launching the app. More info can be found here.
Should Chromecast become unresponsive while casting from The CW or CW Seed app, please disconnect/reconnect the cast by following the steps below:
- While on The CW App, tap the Chromecast icon in the upper right hand corner and select Disconnect.
- Unplug the USB power cable and reconnect it to restart the Chromecast device.
- Force close and restart The CW or CW Seed app.
- Choose the video you want to watch and tap the Chromecast icon in the upper right hand corner to begin casting.
If you are still experiencing playback issues, please review the following articles to help troubleshoot your mobile device:
- Basic Troubleshooting for iPhone and iPad
- Basic Troubleshooting for Android Tablet and Phone
- Basic Troubleshooting for Amazon Fire Tablet