Our tech team is aware of the following technical issues affecting some users. If you are experiencing any of the issues below, then please try the suggested troubleshooting steps that are listed and continue to look out for upcoming app updates that will resolve the issue for you soon.
The CW is available on multiple streaming platforms: cwtv.com/thecw/the-cw-app/
The CW App on iPhone and iPad
- Double closed captions (two sets of closed captions show while playing an episode)
CWTV.com / Desktop
- Unable to view content. Video appears as a small play button or endlessly loads.
- Unblock third-party cookies on your browser.
To unblock third-party cookies from Google Chrome:
- Visit chrome://settings/content/cookies
- Ensure the "Block third-party cookies" option is toggled off.
To unblock third-party cookies on Firefox:
- Visit about:preferences#privacy
- Ensure "Accept cookies and site data from websites (recommended)" is selected.
To unblock third-party cookies on Safari:
- Select File -> Privacy
- Ensure "Block all cookies" option is not not selected.
To unblock third-party cookies on Microsoft Edge:
- Select "View Advanced Settings" option on the Settings side panel.
- Scroll down to "Cookies" section and select "Don't block cookies" option.